Traditional Thai Massage Benefit
Thai Massage is a combination of techniques usually found isolated in the western physiotherapies including Trigger Point Treatments, Myofascial Techniques, Neuro Muscular therapy, and Manual Therapy among others.
The combination of energetic and physical aspects is what makes Thai Massage unique and so effective. Traditional Thai massage is really a deep, full-body treatment, starting at the feet and progressing up to the head. Using a sequence of gentle, flowing exercise movements, the recipient’s body is moved, loosened and stretched (some stretch applications linked to Yoga) of the joints and the muscles. This unique type of massage influences the energetic side as well, restoring the flow of energy throughout the body with applied acupressure on the sen energy lines of the body, aimed at harmonizing and energizing.
Believed to be over 2000 years old, traditional Thai massage is an authentic healing art and unique form of body therapy developed by people who used massage not only as a therapeutic method of healing to treat illnesses, but to maintain health and well-being.
It is the combination of yoga stretching, calmness of meditation, with acupressure, exercise movement and reflexology that makes it a healing art. It is worked on a floor with the client dressed in comfortable loose clothing. Thai method uses mainly point pressure and muscle stretching. And it is not just the hands that are used to free tension stored in the recipient’s body, but the feet and elbows are used as well.Some of the innumerable physical, mental, psychological benefits are:
Physical Benefits of Thai Massage
• Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system
• Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure
• Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility
• Improve breathing
• Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blockages
• Improves athletic performance
• Help arthritis and back pain,
• Help tone the body, strengthen joints and fight diseases, including chronic joint problems
• Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
• Slows the aging process
Mental Benefits of Thai Massage
• Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance
• Help with concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration
• Clear and calm your mind
• Help you gain mental clarity
Psychological effects of Thai Massage
• Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety
• Help people boost their inner energy levels
• Develop discipline and self-control
• Achieve better health, increases health and vitality.
• Raise the energy level and stamina
• Build internal power (and creates a natural confidence